Pastor Marcos called to announce the rededication of the church in Choacorral, Guatemala. As mentioned before, the location of the church had become very difficult and needed to be moved. The church is also celebrating its 6th anniversary and the new membership of 3 recently baptized adults. The celebration will be with special music, an invited special speaker and the traditional foods. Your prayers for this church are being answered. This could be a new beginning for this congregation. God bless each of you who have prayed.
The elderly lady from Colorado has been dismissed from the hospital, after bouncing back from the "edge of hell," as she put it. She survived a surgery that went negative, causing a serious lung infection that caused her to be put on the respirator and not be expected to live. God answered the prayers of you kind folks, her speedy turnaround and early dismissal is outstanding. In her words: "I will live the straight road from now on." She does not have all the religious language, but she does know and has experienced God in this close to death experience. Thank You, God, for allowing Ellen to live and to now serve you. Your mercy is everlasting toward those who have not believed.
Let us as Christians continue to find ways to resist evil that has so openly emerged in our nation. The Children of Israel historically sank into depravity and idolatry but the time came when they once again started worshiping the God of the Bible, and through hard work and in obedience to God, regained their freedoms. God is no less interested in our nation, so let us get to work and march forward retaking our fading Godly heritage. The first step to take is to ask God to rekindle our genuine devotion to Him.
Paul & Mary Trotzke, Guatemala and Alaska
Grace Bible Fellowship (Moline, IL. Donnie Plemons, pastor)
1. We rejoice that Rachel Argo has been able to return home. Please, do continue to pray for her.
2. VBS was a wonderful time with our children.
3. Rita Watson is doing well, too.
4. Randy Mowder is to have surgery soon.
5. Larry Miller's children, Danny and Rachel, are both in special care homes.
6. Cinda Alanis is improving.
7. The last container to WATS has been shipped -- do pray for the Lord's help to get it through customs without so much money as it did the last time.
8. The "harvest is great" – we could use more workers for the Lord.
Love all of you,
Covenant Community Fellowship (Columbia, SC. Terrie Hay, pastor)
My dad, Amos Hann, is not doing well. He's been real dizzy, and that makes him nauseous, so he can't leave the house very much. It's making him very weak. (Mary Hay)
A lady in our church, Sherl Fore, is having surgery Monday, the 29th, for a stomach ulcer. It will be a difficult surgery as they have to remove a stitch from a previous surgery that the ulcer has grown around. If they can't get the stitch out, they may have to remove the stomach.
Janette Conley, our Children's Pastor, is having severe back problems. We’re hoping she can escape surgery.
Rev. Terrie Hay
1. Please begin praying now for the ICC Meeting in October 2013, Corydon, Indiana – AND for the International Assembly 2014 in Circleville, OH. We want and need God’s grace and help for both meetings.