June 2021 Report from the Philippines.
Report from the Philippines
June 13, 2021
Richard P. Kawi
- Last May 7, we had a pastors and Christian workers monthly meeting, fellowship time and preaching exercises here in Tarlac province, with eight in attendance. The process includes evaluating the health of the church, sharing of problems and solutions, then making new objectives and strategies if needed.
- May 8, HIFBC Casampagaan Laoac in Pangasinan, had a water baptism conducted by Pastor Carmen A. D. According to her report, the church is doing well. They continue to have preaching points, as well as online Bible Study.
- Last May 16, 2021, we visited HIFBC Banaoang West Moncada. They welcomed us happily because since the pandemic started, and we haven’t had a chance to visit them for more than a year. We also handed to them the pledges that were collected for their church building which they were so happy to receive because they haven’t expected any help for their church amidst the pandemic crisis.
- We also were able to visit a retired colonel and a pastor residing in Casampagaan Laoac, Pangasinan, where one of our churches located. Amorsolo M. has been very weak and from illness, so we decided intentionally to visit him and his wife. They were surprised and encouraged to see us. Since then, we have heard that he is doing much better.
- May 23,2021, we visited HIFBC Iba San Jose, Tarlac, where we shared the Word of God on Sunday morning then started the elders preaching club studies. We will be having more sessions and studies in the following months.
- May 30, we officiated a wedding at HIFBC Pulong Isla, Tarlac, for the son of pastor Beth T. the one who pioneered this church and is the present assigned pastor. To remind you, this is the newly organized church and the this was the first wedding held.
- The work being done on the Bible School project continues.
- We also wish to express our joy and thanks for the funds we received for the completion of the Carter’s building.