India – 2019
IFBC CHURCHES REPORT for AUGUST – SEPTEMBER
Global Training Network Church Planters’ Report
Months of July – September 2019
Church Planter: Hananeeya P.
People Group: Balmiki, Chamar, & Dalit
- Three new families added to the church family
- The healing of Mr. Raju G. who had been hospitalized for almost a year.
- It was through our family’s prayer that sister Kausalya’s husband was healed from cancer.
- In the midst of severe persecution many are facing, including almost 500 house churches have been forcefully closed. Twice I was accused of religious conversion. Quickly and quietly we move to another house where we are safe. God has protected us all.
- Pray for our new housing situation. It is a bit far and the rent is also higher. Pray that we will adjust soon and be able to able to witness with God given love and fellowship.
- Pray that we will have freedom to pray, praise and proclaim God’s Word and Truth in the house we are renting. Also, that the landlord will not create unwanted problems.
- Pray for wife my wife Rachel and son Husdon, who have been ill much of the time.
- Pray for our daily needs and for the church families in all of the different locations.
- Pray for the need of a van or jeep to transport believers to and from church.
- Pray for all of our believers as they travel to church. It is very difficult and sometimes dangerous as they travel from their homes.
- People saved 95
- Baptisms 45
- Sunday Services 157
Some of our believers left the church because some cults came and offered them material things and money. We call it sheep stealing. We are working day and night and it becomes discouraging when this happens. It is painful to me that even though I have worked hard, in the rain, in pain, in sickness and other stressful situations this happens. Please pray that this kind of activity will stop.
Church Planter: Brijesh K.
People group: Yadav
- Our sister Savitri Y. received Christ
- Sister Sakuntal Y. received healing from stomach and Gall bladder issues.
- Even though we are a small community, we Praise God for our safety as we worship in our home.
- Pray that those who have recently come to Christ will stay strong, and that many others will come to know Him.
- Pray for Sonbati Y. as she is having financial trouble
- Pray for our need of a Motor Bike to reach other surrounding villages with the Gospel.
- Pray for my wife as she is have mental problems and needs God’s touch.
- People saved 10
- Baptisms: 7
- Worship services: 35
Church Planter: Ranjit K.
People Group: Yadav, Chasi
- Two new villages where a new ministry has been started with 15 people attending for prayer and fellowship.
- For good health He has given me to do this ministry.
- Pray for my children’s education and the growth of my ministry.
- I want to start a ministry in my brother-in-law’s village – especially with children through which we can reach the Parents for Christ.
- Pray for my brother-in-law Mr. Survesh Y. and his family who recently came to know the Lord, that they will remain strong.
- People saved: 25
- Baptisms: 0 People are praying and getting ready, but are very careful because of the Uttar Pradesh State situation and growing persecution.
- Worship services 20 (We also have 15 gathering together for prayer and fasting each Week.
Church Planter: Bikram K. & Vinod K.
People group: Balmiki
- For God’s protection in the midst of persecution and harassment going on in our area by the radical Hindus.
- For the healing miracle of sister Soni from demon possession and the persistent prayer of our people for her.
- Pray for sister Soni that she will remain strong in the Lord and faithful to Jesus.
- Pray for brother Virendra for deliverance from drug addiction.
- Pray for brother Rinku’s family that they will come to know the Lord fully. They are coming to church, but God is still drawing them to Himself.
- Pray for a Motor Bike so that we can go to the villages.
- People saved: 10
- Baptisms: 4
- Worship services: 15-20
- 10-12 at cottage prayer meeting weekly
- We are concentrating on new areas/villages
Church Planter: Nandulal H.
People Group: Bengalis & Hela
- New families coming to the Lord
- For the three new villages God has given us to reach and to start small fellowships.
- For answered prayers and saving the life of sister Kabita’s husband.
- He was in great financial difficulty, and had attempted suicide, but God delivered him from all of this because of the faith of his sister. We thank God for His mercy.
- To God for the long life and good health given to my Mom, who is 90 years old, yet physically fit and able to walk and do her own work.
- For God’s goodness to our family and all of our family of believers.
- For my older daughter and her husband as they recently adopted a baby girl.
- Pray for our three daughters that God will bring them God fearing life partners.
- Pray for sister Kabita and her husband to be fully debt free.
- Pray for sister Munmun’s husband. He was recently delivered from an evil spirit so pray that he will remain strong in the Lord.
- Pray for the two places where we need to build a church. We have started collecting bricks, and we need God’s help to build his house.
- People saved: 44
- Baptisms: 0
- Worship services:
- Village1: 15-20
- Village2: 3 families
- Village3: 80
- Village4: 13-17
- Village5: 20-25
- Village6: 35-40
- Village7: 15
- Village8: 30
- Village9: 35 children
- Village10: 22 children
Church Planter: Swarajit B.
People Group: Bengali, Mahato, Kayastha & Bagdi
- For His special gift to me and my wife (our little Angel) who turned one.
- For His blessings and good health, in spite of physical challenges during these past few days.
- For sister in Nadichha village who was healed from arthritis and sugar problems.
- For other evidences of healing for a number of our family members.
- Pray for the family members of one who passed away last month.
- Pray for a Motor Bike to go into many other unreached villages with the life saving gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Pray for those preparing for Baptism.
- People saved: 20
- Baptisms: 0 (5 preparing)
- Worship services:
- Tibeni: 12-15
- Upper Basai: 14
- Bansberis: 15
- Hat Gachha: 15
- Nutan Bagan: 15
- Nadichha: 30
- Kayastha: 3 families
- Bagdi: 5 families
Church Planter: Chandravan R.
People Group: Rajbhar, Bengali, Adivasi
- For God’s touch on me so that I was able to travel safely to many places this month.
- For the new church started among the Rishra people.
- Pray for me as I am still prayerfully looking for a life partner to join me in ministry.
- Pray for the 7 Rajbhar families who opened their hearts to Jesus.
- Pray for the children ( about 60 ) in one of our churches to whom I provide coaching, tuition, Bible lessons, and teaching that they will grow in the Lord.
- Pray for the Baidyabati children’s church. Because of all the rain the water on the road is knee deep, the roof has been damaged and we have not been able to meet. Also, pray for the funds to fix the roof.
People saved: 5
Worship services: Not available
Update for the IFBC Church in India—July 2019
Please pray for the believers, both old and new, in India to have strong faith in Jesus and be able to hold firm in the face of persecution. The situation in Uttar Pradesh, and especially Kanpur, is not safe for Christians. There is a Hindu Fanatic group from the present government ruling party that are compelling and forcing Christians and Muslims to take the name of the Hindu gods and goddesses. If anyone denies these gods/goddesses, they are being beaten mercilessly. A couple weeks ago 2 young men were beaten to death, after being tied to a tree with a rope. Many people were watching and unable to stop it from happening.
Just last week, another pastor was falsely accused of conversion and was beaten and sent to jail. Pastor H. and other Pastors have met to try to get him released from prison. Please pray for the pastor’s family and the pastor.
Update report from India – June 2019
The following report of the work in two areas of India was submitted by Sindu P.
Report for May and June
- We praise God for the opening in new villages to spread the Gospel.
- That my whole family is involved in the work of God.
- The working of miracles in people’s lives:
- A man 30 years old who had been mad for some time was healed because of earnest prayer.
- A lady was healed of very serious stomach pain.
- Several others suffering from high blood pressure, diabetes, and headaches etc. were healed.
- A man named Gopal was healed of neck cancer after much prayer.
- As more people are coming to faith in Christ, we need prayer that we will lead them to growth in Christ-likeness. Pray for us that we will guide them to grow strong in the Lord.
- Pray for medical facilities in the rural villages. Many are falling sick and have little hope for treatment. We also need prayer for medical supplies.
- I work in a Bank, and recently got transferred to another village, however I thank God for taking me to that village, where I can share the Word of God. Pray for those who hear to be receptive to the Gospel.
- Because of the increase in believers in each village, we need a proper place to gather for worship. We have some land, but please pray for the added resources to construct a house of worship.
- Salvations 110
- Baptisms 14
- Attendance – Sunday worship & Services
- Kuntighat Village 15-17
- Methiagram Village 60-70
- Kamargachhi Village 25-30
- Diksui Village 12-15
- Kapastuli 15-20
- Tailoring training begun
- 20 women are receiving training
- Sunday Schools started
- Methiagram village 15-20 children ages 4-17
- Kamargachhi 25-30 children
- Reaching new villages
- Ponsur, Kapastuli & Belhgaria
- A Scooty (lady scooter) to travel to these new villages
- 110 believers who worship under the shade of a tree. (‘the leaf shade’)
- A believer named Anita L. who was bitten twice by a snake while sleeping, but God spared her life.
- For the Ganesh D. family coming to the Lord. They were unable to have children for 7 years. But since coming to the Lord they are now pregnant.
- Please pray for the resources to build a place of worship. We have land but need $5,000 to buy bricks and tin to construct a place of worship.
- Please pray for Anita L. who was bitten by the snake. God spared her life, but she still needs our prayer.
- Pray for the family of Ganesh D. that they may continue to grow strong in the Lord.
- Pray for Prafhudan L.’s wife who is suffering with breast cancer.
- Salvations 46
- Baptisms 46
- Attendance – Sunday Worship & Services
- Mandiapara Village 110
- Nearby Village 26
- Fasting & Prayer 15
- Cottage Prayer 10
- Revival Meeting 220